Sustainable Materials Management - Development Story
return to Building Materials - New
Group meetings were held weekly to discuss and develop a plan regarding the materials use at the green garage.
- Sustainability Goals set by the group:
- Reuse 90% of all non-toxic materials on site.
- Recycle 90% of remaining 10% of materials not used on site.
- <1% of materials to enter waste stream.
- A matrix was developed identifying the most numerous materials on site, and individuals researched the different materials and came back to the group with reuse and alternative use ideas for each material. These were entered into the matrix (shown on this page).
Material Goals that helped shape our material usage at the Green Garage.