Create a new wiki page
return to Help:Contents
Why would you want to create a new wiki page?
- You have information about a specific area.
- You'd like to elaborate about something specific but feel this information could go on another page.
How do I create a new wiki page?
Let's take an example. Suppose you discover some information about organic teas. You also find out that we're not dealing with organic teas anywhere on the site yet. Here's what to do:
- Find a spot where you'd like to put a link to your page and clik on 'edit' to get into the edit mode. With teas, it could be on our 'Products and Services' portal, or you could put it anywhere you'd like. Just type in the words 'organic teas' and highlight them.
- Then click on the Ab tab above, and click 'Save Page.'
- Your new page will be on the page you saved, and the text will be colored red. This is because there is nothing on the page yet. Click on the page, and begin adding content. Once you are through, click on 'Save Page.'
Let's take another example. Suppose you're reading about tea on the already-existing organic teas Page, and you find that you have additional information for the page, but you'd like to put that information on another page. For example, suppose that you are reading the following: A number of companies sell organic teas, such as Twinings, Twit and Twee. You have done some research about Twinings and know where someone can purchase Twinings tea. Where and how do you add this information?
- Highlight the word Twinings
- Click on the AB tab
- Click on Save Page
- You'll see the word Twinings in red on your page. Click on it.
- Enter your information and click on Save Page.
- You have just developed a Twinings page.