From Green Garage Detroit
- 1 Master Plan for Labs As-Builts Organization
- 2 Labs As-Builts Summary (9/2011 through 4/2013)
- 3 Categories of Activities - Brainstorming (4/12/13)
- 4 Selected Categories to Use (4/12/13)(Category definitions added 4/19/13)
Master Plan for Labs As-Builts Organization
- List activities and approximate start dates for previous Labs that may be of interest. DONE
- Determine main categories for grouping activities by type of activity. DONE
- Designate category for each activity in the Summary List. Labs As-Builts by Category DONE
- Define preferred documentation medium and level for categories. DONE
- Coordinate with USL about how documentation will be accomplished and organized.
- Prioritize completion of items selected for final documentation.
- Prioritize completion of items selected for further activity.
- Develop target timeline to complete.
- Pair up 1 documentation item and 1 activity item for each session?
Labs As-Builts Summary (9/2011 through 4/2013)
Summary for 2011
- Blower Door Test - 9/23/2011 - 10/14/2011
- Solar Thermal Performance - 9/30/2011, 3/16/2012 (data)
- Trash Tracking - 10/7/2011
- Air Balancing Ventilation System - 10/14/2011
- Building Systems Commissioning the Natural Way - 10/28/2011
- Wireless Thermostat Study - 11/11/2011 - 11/18/2011
- Calibration of new sensors - 1/27/2012
- Util-A-Tour - 11/11/2011
- Trash Audit - 11/18/2011
- Refrigerator Energy Study - 12/2/2011, 7/27/12
- Blog report on tumblr
- Plug Load Study - 12/9/2011
Summary for 2012
- Solar Thermal Panel Freeze Incident - 1/6/2012
- Altherma Low Flow Troubleshooting - 1/13/2012
- CO2 Levels During Events - 1/13/2012, 3/9/2012 (GG conf rm window policy developed)
- Earth Room Fan Optimization - 1/27/2012
- Worm-A-Palooza - 2/3/2012 - 3/2/2012
- Flow in the Tank Bypass - 2/3/2012
- new solutions group temperature gradient study - 2/3/2012
- Radiant floor temp vs. water temp vs. space air temp
- Heat exchanger performance with extra flow - 2/17/2012
- Radiant primary loop 3-way valve limited - 2/17/2012
- M&V of domestic water heater & Annex heater electrical energy usage - 3/9/2012
- Cooling Season & Shoulder Season What-Ifs - 4/6/2012, 6/22/2012 (clg controls updates)
- Short Term Experiments w/Radiant floor gpm, P-3 high speed vs V-6 limited?? - 4/6/2012
- Natural Ventilation Guidelines - 4/13/2012, 5/11/2012 (documentation), 7/13/12, 9/8/12
- Rainwater Usage Experiment - 4/20/2012 (unfinished), 5/4/2012 (cleaning & filtration)
- Cooling & Dehumidification Testing - 4/27/2012, 5/25/2012 (agenda info & link), 6/8/2012
- Air Filter Gauge - 5/11/2012
- Solar Panel Night Cooling Observations - 5/18/2012
- Trickle Loop Non-Experiment - 5/18/2012 (decided not to use; document in as-builts)
- The Besemer Wall M&V & Earth Room Performance - 5/18/2012, 6/15/2012
- Building Air Pressurization - 6/15/2012
- Wood Shop High Humidity - 6/22/2012, 6/29/12 (link to info), 10/12/12 (Annex space conditions)
- Master List of On-Going Activities started 3rd Quarter 2012
- Building Comfort Performance for Heat Wave - 7/13/12
- Annex Duct Revisions & Rebalance - 7/13/12
- Earth Room Performance - 7/27/12, 9/14/12 data
- Tax Credit - 8/2/12
- Heating Season Prep - 9/21/12 - Step by step info on what we intended to check REVISIT
- Performed radiant floor part
- Earth room part left to do
- Annex proposed improvements - 9/21/12, 10/5/12, 11/9/12 (conditions), 12/7/12 (on-going)
- BioBag Research - 9/28/12, 10/5/12 (on-going)
- Altherma Direct To Floor - 9/28/12, 1/25/13
- Rooftop Farm Prep - 10/5/12, 12/7/12
- Solar Thermal Panel Performance - 10/19/12 (info), 10/26/12, 12/21/12, 1/4/13 (radiation map)
- Calibration of Sensors - 11/9/12
- Heating/Cooling Costs for First Year - 11/9/12
- Water Bill Spike - 12/21/12 (happened in October, reviewed in December)
Summary for 2013
- Solar Panel Freeze 2.0 - 1/4/13
- Energy Reporting for Commercial Bldgs - 1/18/13
- Trend Logging - 2/1/13, 2/8/13 (results link)
- Reading Meters - 2/15/13
- Measurement Pages - 2/22/13
- Compost Measurements - 3/1/13, (do again in summer)
- Solar Btu Meter - 3/22/13
Summary for 2014
Summary for 2015
Categories of Activities - Brainstorming (4/12/13)
- Experiments - detailed
- Research / Study
- Questions / Requests / Challenges
- Measurement & Verification (M&V)
- Tracking / Information
- Optimization / Continuous Improvement
- Learning & Development
- Material Usage
Selected Categories to Use (4/12/13)(Category definitions added 4/19/13)
- Experiments - Wiki/Workbook/Blog
- Activities used to prove hypotheses, find the truth using scientific test and analysis methodology.
- Usually a finite study, numerically based with significant observations and data recorded, analysis, and conclusions.
- AKA tests, challenges, requests, troubleshooting.
- Measurement & Verification (M&V) - Wiki/Workbook/Action Plan
- Tracking of data and observations used to verify that anticipated results are achieved.
- Usually an on-going study, used to prove the truth numerically or by significant observation.
- Forms the basis of system optimization and on-going commissioning for persistence of sustainability.
- AKA tracking, information monitoring,
- Research - Wiki Report
- Studies conducted to increase learning and understanding of specific topics of interest.
- Usually finite study with non-numerical written findings and resources documented.
- AKA study, question, request, learning and development
- Continuous Improvement - Wiki
- Efforts used to optimize systems or improve processes.
- Usually on-going, may be based in achieving numerical improvements or process improvements with anecdotal results used for measurement of success. Closely tied to M&V often.
- AKA optimization, learning and development, material usage.