MediaWiki has been successfully installed.
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.
How To Edit a Page
Here are a few of the fundamentals that will help you edit a page. If you want more information, click on the link provided below (How to do wiki editing). Please note that you do not need to use any of the markup strategies - we're really looking for your thoughts, and the format is truly not important.
OK, here are a few pointers:
- Before editing any page, please make sure you're logged in (see Log in). You will not be able to edit until you are logged in. In addition, you'll be able to add images and your signature only when logged in. NEW NOTE: MOST PAGES ARE NOW PROTECTED DUE TO SPAM, SO YOU'LL NEED TO REGISTER AN ACCOUNT, SEND US AN E-MAIL TO LET US KNOW YOU'RE ON (email@example.com), THEN WE WILL ENABLE YOU TO EDIT THE SITE
- When you want to edit a page, the first thing you need to do is click the edit tab at the top.
- Now you're in edit mode. Put the cursor where you want to make changes, and type away! When you are done, add your signature, then go to the bottom of the page and click 'Save Changes'. You'll now be back at the original page, and you can read the new version you have just created.
When in edit mode:
- If you want to make your text bold or italic, highlight it and click the B or I button on the edit window toolbar.
- If you want to make a title (section header), highlight your text and click on the giant A button on the edit window toolbar.
- If you want to make a numbered list, use the # sign (on your computer) before each item.
- If you want to make bullet points, use the * sign (0n your computer). Two ** makes it more indented.
- create a new wiki page
- To make an external link, copy and paste the URL onto the edit page. Highlight it and click on the globe button on the edit window toolbar.
- To insert a break with a line, use this code: