Category:One Earth Patterns
This is our collection of One Earth Patterns. By this, we mean that these are summary pages of the planning work that was done by various groups in 2008-2009.
The concept of One Earth Patterns is derived from the use of the concept of pattern languages by architect Christopher Alexander. Pattern languages refer to a structured method of describing good design practices within a field of interest. We add the idea of 'One Earth' to the idea of patterns, referring to the concept that we are trying to promote a lifestyle that greatly reduces our impact on the earth. So, in the following patterns, we are promoting good design that is attuned to our relationship with the earth, minimizing our impact.
Pages in category "One Earth Patterns"
The following 41 pages are in this category, out of 41 total.
- Solar Domestic Hot Water
- Solar Thermal Collectors
- Sound Management
- Space Lighting Comparison
- Steelcase composting story
- Super Insulated Building Envelope
- Super Insulated Building Envelope Details
- Sustainable Interiors
- Sustainable Lighting
- Sustainable Lighting Design
- Sustainable Materials Management
- Sustainable Restrooms
- Sustainable Window Design
- Sustainable Window Design - Development Story